Wednesday, October 7, 2009

oct 7th

OK, day two trying this out! What a windy day it is here. A few sprinkles now and then but mostly just wind. I used to be so concerned about the weather, then I heard someone preach once about how God gives us the weather we need when we need it. When we say things like, just what we need, more rain or the such, we are actually acting like we know better than God. So now, I am just thankful for whatever weather God gives us. No matter how I feel about it, I can not change it, so i have decided a long time ago, not to have an opinion on the weather. There are so many other things to have opinions about anyway!
Like....how great my husband is. Have I told you guys lately how great it is to be married to your best friend? With all the stress we have in our lives with the children, it is nice to know Jim always understands. He is even getting used to me calling him many times a day to just talk to him.
This has been a rough week for Bill. He has a lot on his mind. His "brain boss" is back. School is getting really hard for him. He is finding out Middle school is a lot harder than he thought. I need to pray for more ways for me to comfort him.
Sara is doing very well in school. learning comes so natural for her. (She takes after her daddy!)
She has been having a lot of work done on her teeth. With her reflux being so bad, her mouth has a lot of decay in it. She pulled a tooth out yesterday just because she did not want the dentist to do it in two weeks. She was so proud of herself, I hated telling her she still had to go back to get other work done. What was even worse was this morning when she came to me and said, "Mom did you forget or do you not have a dollar to put under my pillow" What kind of a mom am I? My kids know there is no tooth fairy, they laugh and say our tooth fairy does not fly, it is mommy!
So I must get to more house work. I have been reading in Nehemiah because I thought it might encourage me to get more work done. I love reading how they "wanted" to work! I need to be more like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment