Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oct. 15th

It is hard to believe we are already in the middle of Oct. You do know today is the start of bow season which means....lots to do in the next month and a half. Most people call this season fall but here at our house fall is really "hunting" season. I love being married to a man that God blesses year after year with a deer or two. My children get so excited to see the deer. I get excited because it means less meat I buy for the year! Jim will not be going to our camp hunting this first weekend. We are going in to see his son's instead. He will be gone every weekend after that though. We will go as a family opening week. I love cooking and cleaning camp. I have not been at all this year.

This has been a very busy week. We have had a revival at our church this week. I cooked for the man and his wife plus our preacher and wife on Monday. I had planned to do it yesterday as well but while I was making the meal I received a phone call that a friend needed me. So i canceled my plans and went off for the day to help someone else. There is nothing more important to me than helping people in need. I believe my life's calling is to help others. God has blessed me with a huge group of true friends. Most people have a few friends and many acquaintances. I am blessed to have many true friends. I am so thankful that so many people trust me and call me their friends. It is a honour that I do not take lightly. In case I have not told you all thank you for calling me your friend!
Today I will be spending the day helping a friend as well. Then tomorrow I meet with Bill's principal to talk about some of his curriculum that I need changed. I am not scared about the appointment though I would appreciate your prayers that I have a clear head and the ability to say what is right.
Thank you to all who have taken the time to read my blog. I am honour that you took time out of your life to read my thoughts for the day. Today I am going to do my best to keep my whole heart and mind stayed on the Lord. The more I aim to please Him the happier I will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment